Great Western Bank Online __ Notice
Last updated: 5/01/2017
This U.S. Online Privacy _ (Notice) applies to this Western Bank online interface (_._., website or mobile application) any Great Western Bank _ or subsidiary online interface _ links to this Notice, (_, a Site, and, collectively, ). The term "Great Western _" or "we" or "us" __ "our" in this Notice _ to banking and non-banking _._. affiliates or subsidiaries of Western Bancorp, Inc. that _ to this Notice. This _ describes how Sites may __, use and share information _ or about you, and how information may be _ and used for advertising .
For account holders and to this Site, we _ use and share any _ that we collect from __ about you in accordance _ the Great Western Bank Privacy Notice, which provides __ in the use and __ of information.
Additional information on our __ & Security practices may __ found on our Sites within Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) . In the event __ an express conflict between _ Notice, and any other _ information provided, by using _ Site the terms of _ Notice will govern..
Collecting and Using Information
Personal Information We Collect _
Personal Information means personally __ information such as information provide via forms, surveys, __ or other online fields _ name, postal or email _, telephone, fax or mobile __, or account numbers.
How We Use Personal _
We may use Personal _:
- to respond to your _ and fulfill your requests;
- to inform you about _ information regarding the Site, or services for which apply or may be in applying for, or __ which you are already , changes to terms, conditions, policies and/or other administrative _;
- to deliver marketing communications _ we believe may be __ interest to you, including, or offers tailored to ;
- to personalize your experience __ the Site;
- to allow you to for products or services (_._., to prequalify for a , apply for a credit _, or to open a account, investment account or financial product) and evaluate _ eligibility for such products __ services;
- to verify your identity /__ location (or the identity __ location of your representative __ agent) in order to access to your accounts, __ online transactions and to measures aimed at preventing and protecting the security __ account and Personal Information;
- to allow you to _ in surveys and other of market research, sweepstakes, and similar promotions and __ administer these activities. Some __ these activities have additional , which may contain additional _ about how Personal Information __ used and shared;
- to allow you to some Site financial planning . Information that you enter _ one of these planning may be stored for _ access and use.
- collected through our social pages and other online __ with you to assist __ verifying your identity and __ status. We may combine _ online information with information _ from offline sources or _ we already have;
- for business purposes, including _ analysis, audits, developing and _ products and services, enhancing Site, identifying usage trends determining the effectiveness of _ campaigns;
- for risk control, for detection and prevention, to _ with laws and regulations, to comply with other process and law enforcement __;
- to allow you to __ features within our Sites __ granting us access to _ from your device such __ contact lists, or geo-location _ you request certain services.
How Personal Information is _
Please see the Great Western Bank Consumer __ Notice for information on how Information may be shared how you may be _ to limit certain types __ sharing.
Other Information We Collect _
Other Information is any _ other than Personal Information _ does not reveal your identity or does not relate to an individual, _ as browser information, information _ through cookies, pixel tags other technologies, demographic information, information provided by you _ as your date of or household income, and and de-identified data.
How We Collect and Other Information
We and our third-party __ providers may collect and Other Information in a __ of ways, including:
- Through your browser or _: Certain information is collected __ most browsers and/or through _ device, such as your Access Control (MAC) address, _ type, screen resolution, operating _ version and internet browser _ and version. We use _ information to ensure Sites properly, for fraud detection prevention, and security purposes.
- Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of _ stored directly on the _ you are using. Cookies __ use do not contain __ capture unencrypted Personal Information. __ allow us to collect _ such as browser type, _ spent on the Site, visited, language preferences, and _ relationship with us. We the information for security , to facilitate navigation, to __ information more effectively, to _/_ your experience while engaging _ us, and to recognize _ device to allow your of our online products services. We collect statistical _ about the usage of Site in order to _ improve the design and , to monitor responses to advertisements and content, to how account holders and use the Site and __ assist us with resolving _ regarding the Site. We _ utilize cookies for advertising . Please see the Advertising section below for more _.&_;
You can refuse to _ these cookies and most __ and browsers offer their privacy settings for cookies. will need to manage _ cookie settings for each _ and browser you use. __, if you do not _ these cookies, you may some inconvenience in your of the Site and _ online products and services. example, we will not __ able to recognize your _ and you will need __ answer a challenge question _ time you log on. also may not receive advertising or other offers _ us that may be to your interests and .
- Other technologies including pixel _, web beacons, and clear _: These may be used __ connection with some Site , downloadable mobile applications and _-_ email messages to measure effectiveness of our communications, success of our marketing _, to compile statistics about and response rates, to _/_ your experience while engaging _ us online and offline, fraud detection and prevention, security purposes, for advertising, to assist us in _ account holders’ questions regarding of our Site. Please our Advertising section below more information regarding our of other technologies.
- Flash objects: As part of our _ for online authentication, we Flash objects (sometimes referred __ as “Local Shared Objects”) __ help us recognize you your device when you _ back to the Site. our pages running Adobe® ® content (demos and tutorials _ moving content), we use objects to determine your __ type and version of Flash in order for to view the content. __ do not use Flash __ for any online behavioral _ purpose. Deleting cookies does delete Flash objects. You learn more about Flash __ - including how to __ and disable them - __ the Adobe interface. If you choose __ disable Flash objects from Site, then you may be able to access use all or part __ the Site or benefit _ the information and services __.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is _ number that is automatically to the device that are using by your Service Provider (ISP). An __ Address is identified and _ automatically in our server files whenever a user _ the Site, along with time of the visit the page(s) that were __. Collecting IP Addresses is practice on the internet is done automatically by _ web sites. We use __ Addresses for purposes such __ calculating Site usage levels, __ diagnose server problems, to _/_ your experience while engaging _ us online and offline, compliance and security purposes, advertising, and administering the _. Please see the Advertising __ below for more information.
- Aggregated and De-identified Data: Aggregated and De-identified Data __ data that we may _ or compile from various __, including but not limited __ accounts, transactions, and data by you. This information, does not identify individual __ holders, may be used our business purposes, which include offering products or , research, marketing or analyzing _ trends, and other purposes with applicable laws.
Third party widgets – we may allow __ widgets (e.g., social share __) on our Sites that _ users to easily share _ on another platform, such __ a social media platform. third parties that own widgets may have access __ information about your browsing __ pages of our Sites these widgets are placed. may wish to review _ at the third party _, such as social media _ where you have an __, to determine how these parties collect and treat _ information. Also, see Linking to other sites and Social media sites below.
Great Western Bank advertises _ (e.g., pages within our and mobile apps through _ managed social media presences, on other sites and _ apps not affiliated with Western Bank) and offline (_._. in banking centers, through _ centers, and direct marketing). __ order to understand how _ performs, we may collect __ information on our Sites other sites and mobile _ through our advertising service _ using cookies, IP addresses, other technologies. The collected _ may include the number __ page visits, pages viewed __ our Sites, search engine _, browsing activities over time across other sites following _ visit to one of Sites or apps, and _ to advertisements and promotions __ the Sites and on and apps where we _.
Great Western Bank uses _ described in this Notice __ help advertise our products services, including prescreened offers __ credit, in a variety __ ways. We use such _ to:
- Present tailored ads, to including:
- Banner ads and splash that appear as you _ on or off of _ online accounts on our , within mobile banking and mobility applications
- E-mail, postal mail, and , and,
- On other sites and _ apps not affiliated with Western Bank;
- Analyze the effectiveness of ads; and
- Determine whether you might __ interested in new products __ services.
How we tailor ads:
Relationship based advertising
In order to help _ our advertising informative and _, we may use information your relationship with us (_ as types of accounts, information or the state __ which you bank) to _ determine which advertisements or _ to present to you.
Online Behavioral Advertising
We or our advertising __ providers may use certain _ about your activities on Sites, such as pages __ and search key words __ to help determine which __ our advertisements or offers be of interest to . We limit access and of information for specific by advertising service providers. __ may use this online _ for online and offline _.
Advertising on third party and mobile apps
Great Western Bank contracts _ advertising companies to advertise products and services on and mobile apps not with us. We may Aggregated and De-identified Data information provided by you __ these third party sites mobile apps to select of our advertisements or _ may appeal to you, __ them to you and __ your responses. Third Party and mobile apps are subject to Great Western _ Privacy Notices. Please visit individual sites and mobile _ for additional information on data and privacy practices opt out policies.
Online Behavioral Advertising on party sites and mobile _
Some of our tailored are online behavioral advertising, may be served using _ collected by third party _. Ads served on our _ by these companies do contain unencrypted Personal Information we limit the use __ information by companies that our ads. To learn _ about this practice and _ choices in connection with __, see the section Advertising Choices below.
You may set your __ for advertising in the _ ways:
Online Behavioral Advertising: If you prefer we use information based on _ Site behavior to provide _ and offline tailored content advertising, you may:
- Choose not to accept __ in your browser settings, then the site will be fully functional
- Avoid filling out forms
- End your visit at site
- Use analytics blocking tools __ your browser for the _
Please note that you still receive advertising from Western Bank. When accessing _ account servicing areas (i.e. sign-in), such as Online __, you may receive tailored __ and advertising based on _ account relationships. In addition, _ advisors/Client Managers may continue __ use information collected online __ described in this Notice __ provide details on products services in accordance with __ agreements. See Important Reminder section below.
Bank managed Direct Marketing: If you prefer we deliver you marketing offers __ email, postal mail or __ telemarketing you may manage _ direct marketing choices online or:
- by telephone at 1-800-952-2043 — our menu will _ you through the choices,
- through your assigned account _ (e.g., Financial Advisor, Mortgage _ Officer) or a representative __ a banking center
Advertising on third party : Great Western Bank participates __ the Digital Advertising Alliance () self-regulatory program, uses the Advertising Options Icon on our behavioral ads __ third party sites (excluding appearing on platforms that __ not accept the icon) adheres to the DAA _- Principles for Online Behavioral _. Anyone receiving a behavioral __ may click on the _ icon to receive more _ and can opt out __ that time or by the third party site's __ policy for an opt mechanism.
You may also opt of receiving behavioral ads _ many sites through the Network Advertising Initiative's Opt-Out _ or other tools provided __ the publishing platform.
Please note that if opt out, you may receive untailored online advertising _ Great Western Bank. Opting from a specific third site means that the you receive will not __ tailored based on your __ or behavior.
In order for online advertising opt outs from Sites and on other to work on your _, your browser must be to accept cookies. If delete cookies, buy a device, access our Site __ other sites from a _ device, login under a _ screen name, or change browsers, you will need __ opt-out again. If your __ has scripting disabled, you __ not need to opt , as online behavioral advertising does not work when _ is disabled. Please check _ browser's security settings to whether scripting is active __ disabled.
Great Western Bank’s Mobile __ for accounts ("Applications") allows to access your account and holdings, make deposits, _ and pay bills on _ mobile device. This Notice __ to any Personal Information __ Other Information that we collect through the Applications.
Linking to other sites
We may provide links __ third party sites, such __ credit bureaus, service providers __ merchants. If you follow to sites not affiliated __ controlled by Great Western _, you should review their __ and security policies and terms and conditions, as _ may be different from of our Sites. Great __ Bank does not guarantee is not responsible for privacy or security of sites, including the accuracy, __, or reliability of their _.
Social media sites
To protect Personal Information _ unauthorized access and use, __ use security measures that _ with applicable federal and laws. These measures may __ device safeguards and secured and buildings as well __ oversight of our third service providers to ensure _ remains confidential and secure. Security __ a shared responsibility. Visit this page for additional information on you can help.
Using other aggregation websites
Other companies offer aggregation and services that allow to consolidate your financial __ information from different sources (_ as your accounts with __ or with other financial __) so that you can _ all your account information __ one online location. To __ this, an aggregation provider request access to Personal _, such as financial information, _ and passwords. You should caution and ensure that aggregator company has appropriate and practices to protect privacy and security of information you provide or __ which they are gaining _. We are not responsible the use or disclosure __ any Personal Information accessed __ any company or person __ whom you provide your _ username and password.
If you provide your _ username, password or other _ about your accounts with __ to an aggregation website, __ will consider that you _ authorized all transactions or __ initiated by an aggregation __ using access information you __, whether or not you _ aware of a specific _ or action. If you _ to revoke the authority have given to an _ website, we strongly recommend _ you change your password the Site to ensure _ the aggregation website cannot to access your account.
Making sure information is
Keeping your account information and up to date __ very important. If your __ information is incomplete, inaccurate __ not current, please use Contact Us option on Site, or call or to us at the _ numbers or appropriate address changes listed on your __ statements, records, online or account materials. You can _ speak to a customer _ at a banking center, _ Financial Advisor or account _.
Protecting children’s privacy online
The Site is not to individuals under the of thirteen (13), and __ request that these individuals __ not provide Personal Information __ the Site. We do knowingly collect information from under 13 without parental __. Visit the Federal Trade Commission website for more information the Children's Online Privacy Act (COPPA).
Protecting individual health information
To the extent that __ receive, maintain, or process __ individual's protected health information, Western Bank may disclose _ information as authorized by in accordance with applicable __ and/or state law.
Updates to this Privacy _
This Online Privacy Notice __ subject to change. Please _ it periodically. If we _ changes to the Online __ Notice, we will revise “Last Updated” date at top of this Notice. changes to this Notice _ become effective when we _ the revised Notice on Site. Your use of Site following these changes that you accept the __ Notice.